Sunday, January 01, 2006

New Year's Resolutions - Renew Your Bond with Your Canine Companion

1. I will exercise my dog every day, preferably with a walk outdoors.

2. I will feed my dog a healthy diet conscious of his daily calorie intake.
I will remember to count treats in the daily count.

3. I will deal immediately with behavior problems instead of hoping that the problem will correct itself. I will try to correct behaviors and if I can't do it myself, I will seek help from my vet or other professional.

4. I will fully groom my dog at least once a week while I check all over his body for health problems such as unusual bumps and lumps, insects or disease.

5. I will contribute time and/or money to animal related charities.
This can be your local animal shelter or national groups such as Canine Companions for Independence (a personal favorite). http://www.caninecompanions.org

6. I will enroll my dog in the American Kennel Club Canine Good Citizen Program and work with him until he gets certified. This is NOT just for purebreds.
http://www.akc.org/events/cgc/index.cfm. If you've done this, change this resolution to teaching your dog some command that he doesn't know.

7. I will brush my dog's teeth at least once a week and give him chewing toys that help prevent tartar breakup.

8. I will inspect my dog’s toys, bedding and collars/clothing regularly and dispose of worn or damaged objects.

9. I will take up a new activity with my dog before mid-year. This could be structured agility, obedience, or tracking trials or just fun games such as hide-and-seek the Kong toy.

10. I will make time to cuddle with my dog every day – no matter how little time I have and no matter how tired I am.

Best wishes for the New Year.

P.S. Visit http://www.ToyBreeds.com next month for a new edition of the Bone-Mot™.


XML
Google Reader or Homepage
Add to My Yahoo!
Subscribe with Bloglines
Subscribe in NewsGator Online

Add to My AOL
Subscribe in Rojo
R|Mail
Eskobo
Add to Technorati Favorites!

Blog SEO Tools